Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Punch Soup becomes a pretty card.

Morning again, Hopefully it wont rain today i am sure that as soon as we was told of the hosepipe ban that is all that it has done!  I don’t mind the rain because i know that we need it but the wind, now that i could do without!
So.. yesterday i told you about my punch soup, well here i will show you one of the wDSC01854-001ays that i use them.  A couple of weeks ago i went along to a training day in Peterborough hosted by Monica and Bekka and of course any get together means swaps! but Monica set a theme that seemed tricky to begin with.  The theme was ‘yellow’ now i don’t know about you but i rarely use yellow so i really really struggled with what to do for them.  So after trying so many different idea that i was not entirely happy with an idea struck me. 

So here is my swap using my ‘punch soup’
I stamped the blossom stamp from the Easter Blossoms set {Spring Mini} in Soft Suede then i set to shaping the little flowers. i started doing this on the palm of my hand but it soon started to hurt so after trying different ideas i fell on the idea of using a clean cosmetic sponge.
DSC01854-002
  I shaped them using a new tool that is coming in the New Summer Mini Catty which is due out on May 1st 2012!
I used the Simply Scored Stylus head to shape the flowers just by rubbing the middle of the flower this causes the petals to raise up and form this blossom shape.
As you can see i used all types of paper and card stock i quite like how all the different types sit well together. I picked them mostly randomly making sure that i had at least 3 yellow flowers on each one.
Finished off with a stamped greeting from the same set in a scallop oval made using the punches with a little flower with a pearl in the centre.

DSC01856
To make things easier once i had shaped the flowers i sorted them into colours and found that the best place to store them was an ice cube tray.

I store all of this in an empty Xerox box lid, as you can see this houses my punched bits any bits and pieces that i have stamped and have not made it to a project yet and spares from other projects.
I made 56 of these card fronts and what i had left over from the training day i mounted onto cards to keep for next Easter so i am ahead already lol :)
{Products used all SU: Whisper White Card Stock; Easter Blossoms Stamp set; Itty Bitty Shapes Punches –set of three-; Scallop Oval Punch; Large Oval Punch; scraps of card stock and designer papers}

Until Next Time
Ttfn
Charlie.x

No comments: